1029 HOT TOMATO COMPETITION TERMS & CONDITIONS 2017
1029 Hot Tomato’s Stars in the Car
1029 Hot Tomato
60 High Street, Southport QLD 4215
Entry start date: Monday October 16th 2017
Entry closing date: Friday November 3rd 2017
Contesting segments will occur between 7am and 3pm Monday to Friday across the above mentioned period during Breakfast & Workday Sessions.
HOW TO ENTER:
To enter listeners must:
Be over eighteen (18) years of age
During the contesting period, listen to 1029 Hot Tomato to hear the audio of “1029 Hot Tomato’s Stars in the Car”
On a Contesting Day:
Listen to 1029 Hot Tomato and telephone the stations competition line on (07) 5571 1029 following the broadcast of when to call to play.
The promoter will then select the 6th caller to our completion line to participate in the contesting segment and attempt to correctly identify by name the six secret stars in order as per the audio played in the contesting set:
- If the caller correctly identifies by name the six secret stars in their correct position as the audio has played on-air, they will win the major prize and the promotion will end.
- If the caller fails to correctly identify the six secret stars by name and in the correct positions within the nominated time the contesting will continue in the following contest segment.
- The promoter will advise in the contesting set the number of correct answers and whether these are in the correct positon.
- The promoter may provide additional clues at their discretion
All judging decisions are at the discretion of the promoter and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard. The promoter will judge the accuracy of the full names / answers provided by the entrant for each contest segment. A time factor may be applied.
The prize is one (1) new Holden Astra R Hatch – Manual worth $21,990.
“Promoter” means 1029 Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company Pty Ltd 1029 Hot Tomato’s general Contest Terms & Conditions apply and can be viewed at www.1029.com.au.
STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS
These standard contest rules apply to all Participants in any The Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company Pty Ltd (The Company) contests, conducted both on and off air and online. The rules may be amended or varied from time to time by the company at its absolute discretion. Special rules may apply to particular contests, in which case an addendum to these rules will be made and published for that contest. Please enquire at our offices for any special rules.
- All prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be collected from The Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company Pty Ltd reception desk within 90 DAYS of winning. The Company will make every attempt to contact winners to ensure collection of their prize within the 90 day period. Prizes not collected within the period will be treated as forfeited, and will be dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the Qld Office of Gaming Regulation.
- All prizes must be claimed in person, unless otherwise determined by The Company. FORMAL IDENTIFICATION is required (photographic ID such as valid driver’s licence, passport, student identification).
- A person is ineligible to enter, participate in any contest and/or win a prize if:
a. They are an employee or a member of the immediate family of an employee of The Company or their advertising agencies or a sponsor of, or associated with the contest.
b. They have previously won a prize/prizes individually or collectively from The Company as part of the same contest in the last 30 days.
c. They are discovered to have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win prizes from The Company.
- All contestants acknowledge that The Company can rely on Rule 3 even if the company only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the company has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person. Return of the prize or payment of its value to The Company can be required by the company if this occurs.
- In the case of a dispute over telephone lines, The Company’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that two telephone lines are crossed during a phone-in contest, The Company reserves the right to disqualify the entire phone call and take the next call. The Company reserves the right not to award a prize in a “cross-line” situation.
- A copy of these general contest rules must be signed and endorsed by any winner upon request by The Company.
- All prizes are accepted entirely at the risk of the winner. The Company is not liable for defective prizes or any claims arising from the use or misuse of any prize. The Company expressly excludes liability for any representations, warranties and conditions in connection with any prize to the extent permitted by law including those as to the prize’s value, benefit, merchantability and fitness for purpose.
- The Company, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not liable for any loss to any person arising out of or in connection with or resulting from any contest promoted by the Company or prize collected by any person.
- Participants agree that contest entries and material submitted by any person in connection with any contest (whether in writing, audio or visual form, or a combination of those) becomes the property of The Company which may use the material in any way it sees fit in any medium or any publication. Participants agree that copyright in any such material is assigned to The Company.
- All prizes are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash or any other value in kind.
- Winners understand and agree that they are liable for any tax or taxes incurred on prizes awarded or received.
- In relation to participation in any activity:
a. Participants agree to release and indemnify The Company and its employees and agents in respect of any claims for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life in connection with participation in any contest, activity or event promoted by The Company or prize collected from the Company;
b. The participant may, at the option of The Company, be required to sign a form of indemnity required by The Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company Pty Ltd as a pre-condition of participation; and
c. If a participant is under the age of 18, their parent/guardian will need to sign an indemnity and consent to the participation in the contest/activity/event.
- If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the company may in its absolute discretion substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- The Company accepts no responsibility for and shall not be liable if the competition and/or prize involves the winner attending any function or event as described in the competition in the event of the cancellation of that function or event or any other changes to the function or event.
- Unless otherwise specified the class of travel for any travel prize incorporating airfare, is economy class and winners must be over the age of 18 to be eligible to win any travel prize.
- A winner must make him or herself available for a photo session if required and acknowledges that The Company has the right to use the publicity photos/film/videos in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
- The Company may publicise, broadcast, publish or otherwise disclose a winner’s name or any recording of the winner’s voice in advertising or promotion concerning winning of the contest.
- The Company may utilise any information provided by participants in any contest(s) in any database for The Company’s use at its absolute discretion.
- Should a participant fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions or engage in any unlawful or improper conduct to the detriment of the competition or The Company, its employees or agents or any other person, The Company may, in its absolute discretion, disqualify that person from participating in the competition.
The Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company Pty Ltd’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any failure by The Company to enforce any of these rules in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim by any other person.
Current as at 4 May 2017.