A young girl has allegedly been bitten by a dog inside a Bunnings store, just days after the hardware giant announced that owners could now bring their pets inside.
Victorian mother Ebbie Hungerford says her daughter Madeline was bitten by a Jack Russell inside the Melton Bunnings store on Sunday.
“It’s broken the skin just below her knee, she’s got two bite marks and bruises and swelling,” Hungerford said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The owner of the dog was reportedly very distraught and said the dog had never been violent before.
The incident comes just five days after Bunnings announced dogs were now allowed in store as long as they were “under appropriate control and are not aggressive.”