A safety recall has been issued for the Childcare Snuggle Time Bedside Sleeper, which has been available for sale at Baby Bunting stores around the country.
Supplier CNP Brands says the bassinet mattress base may lean very slightly left to right, towards the drop down side (the co-sleeper function side of the product).
“The incline may cause the infant to roll if the unit is not set up correctly, placed on an unlevel surface or have a manufactured variation of 1.5 degrees,” the recall notice reads.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“There’s the risk of an infant rolling while in the bassinet.”
The affected bassinet has a model number of: 036310-356, Design: Storm Cloud and Barcode number: 9314824024786.
People can check if they’re in possession of an affected Childcare Snuggle Time Bedside Sleeper by:
1. Ensure the Bedside Sleeper is on an even and level floor
2. Remove the mattress from the bedside sleeper
3. Remove the base board and mattress from the mattress cover
4. Place the base board back to the position inside the sleeper where the mattress would usually lie
5. Place a round object (e.g. a pen, a small ball) in the middle of the base board and observe whether it rolls freely to one side. Alternatively, use a spirit level
if you have one.
“Consumers should first test their unit and if the unit is not level they should contact the distributor to receive a replacement mattress cover which can be placed over the existing mattress of the product to ensure that any impacted units lay flat as intended,”the recall notice says.
For more information, contact the distributor by phoning 1800 656 743 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-6:30pm) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information can be found online at cnpbrands.com.au.