Bachelor in Paradise star Jamie Doran is suing Channel 10

Bachelor in Paradise contestant Jamie Doran has revealed he’s commencing legal action against the show’s producer Warner Bros and Network Ten.

The 40-year-old reality TV star made the shock announcement on social media on Wednesday.

“This is not the news I wanted to post, but I feel I owe this to at least my family, friends, and also fans of The Bachelorette and Bachelor In Paradise,” he wrote in a post shared on Instagram.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“After lengthy consideration, I’ve decided to begin legal proceedings against Network 10 & Warner Bros Australia.”

Jamie finished the statement by writing “I’m not going to comment on this any further for the time being, and would appreciate it if people would respect my privacy.”

While it’s not yet been confirmed exactly why he is taking legal action, it’s understood it may be over his portrayal on the new season of the hit dating show.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Jamie Doran (@jamiecdoran) on

However, Network 10 has told myGC they are not aware of any potential legal proceedings.

“Network 10 has not received any papers regarding this claim,” a spokesperson for the network said.

Doran was dubbed a “stage-five clinger” by viewers while appearing on last year’s season of The Bachelorette, starring Angie Kent.

“Jamie entered Angie’s season of The Bachelorette Australia guns blazing and laser-focused, with an unquenchable determination to be the final one standing at the very end,” Jamie’s Bachelor in Paradise description on the Network Ten website reads.

“And although his heavy-handed approach may not have sat well with Angie, he has no regrets, believing that there was only good intention behind his actions.

“Now understanding that “love is something that evolves over time”, Jamie is determined to learn from his last run and enters Paradise looking for a slow burn with an adventurous girl who exudes confidence.”

During an episode of Bachelor in Paradise last week, host Osher Gunsberg was forced to reassure viewers that all contestants receive support during and after filming, after many became concerned over Jamie’s emotions on the show.

“It’s probably pertinent to point out that everyone on the show has full access to mental health professionals as well as support from the Warner Bros. Australia and Network 10 teams before, during and after production,” Osher tweeted.

“To be CLEAR. The amount of mental health support before/during/after production for the people on this show it significant. But you’ll never know who accessed it, who asked for it, and who continues with it because of privacy. But trust me, it’s ROBUST.”

Subscribe
Notify of
2 Comments
oldest
newest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Oooooh, the suspense. He’s dropped the carrot but isn’t willing to divulge any more.

Maybe the producers should do a proper mental health evaluation by a real expert before they choose contestants. I feel sorry for this guy as its clear he has ‘issues’ that have been exploited by Network 10 for the entertainment by viewers. The only person who does not recognise his ‘issues’ is the guy himself, otherwise he would not put himself in these predicaments.