Hillary Clinton

Former Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton is coming to Australia

IT’S been revealed that Hillary Clinton will be heading to Australia on her upcoming speaking tour.

‘An Evening with Hillary Rodham Clinton’, will see the former presidential candidate talk about her plans for the future after losing the 2016 election.

Mrs Clinton will also be sharing stories from her tell-all book, ‘What Happened’, which was released in September 2017.

The tour kicks off in New Zealand on May 7, before she arrives in the land of Oz, visiting Melbourne on May 10 and Sydney on May 11.

The event is being run by The Growth Faculty, with tickets starting at $195.

The Australian Financial Review reports that Mrs Clinton is also expected to headline a number of business events during her time here.

Shark

Outrage after sharks found slaughtered at Fingal Head

A large group of slaughtered sharks have been found on rocks at Fingal Head.

A local resident made the shock discovery at the popular headland on Friday and posted photos of the disturbing scene to social media.

In the images, a number of dead juvenile sharks can be seen laid out on the rocks with deep and bloodied cuts.

The discovery has sparked outrage online, with people venting their fury over the unexplained mass culling.

It’s understood the NSW Department of Primary Industries is investigating.

Police Tape

Woman arrested after molotov cocktail thrown into elderly lady’s home

A WOMAN has been arrested after allegedly throwing two molotov cocktails at a house in Adelaide overnight.

Police allege just after 8.30pm, fire crews were called to a house on Spains Road in Salisbury after a molotov cocktail was thrown through a front window.

It sparked a small fire, which caused damage to a section of carpet, before a 77-year-old woman was able to extinguish it.

Thankfully, the woman was not physically injured but she was taken to Lyell McEwin Hospital and treated for shock.

Investigations also revealed a molotov cocktail was thrown at the property earlier in the night however, it struck the front of the house and did not cause any damage.

Following investigations, detectives arrested a 40-year-old woman.

She has since been charged with two counts of arson and three counts of attempt arson following similar incidents in the area in the last week.

She has also been charged with two counts of endangering life.

The woman is due to appear in the Elizabeth Magistrates Court later today.

Three arrested as police intercept largest ever haul of ICE destined for SA

THREE men have been arrested and 313 kilograms of crystal meth has been seized, in what police have said is the largest ever haul of the drug destined for South Australia.

The meth, which has a potential estimated street value up to $270 million, was found hidden in 313 individual clip seal bags which were stashed inside two crane jibs.

“On 24 January 2018, ABF officers intercepted a sea-cargo consignment containing two crane jibs, destined for Adelaide,” Australian Federal Police said in a statement.

“Examination revealed 313 clip seal bags containing a white crystalline substance concealed inside the metal base attached to one of the jib arms. A presumptive test indicated a positive reaction to crystal methamphetamine (ice).”

PHOTO: Australian Federal Police

Following investigations, on Friday 16 February, officers raided three properties in the Adelaide suburbs of Waterloo Corner, Green Fields and Two Wells.

Three men aged 64, 61 and 45 were all arrested at the Waterloo Corner address and charged with attempted possession of a commercial quantity of an unlawfully imported border controlled drug.

The 64 and 61-year-old men were also charged with the more serious offence of importation of a commercial quantity of border controlled drugs, which has a maximum penalty of life imprisonment.

The men are expected to appear before the Adelaide Magistrates Court today.

PHOTO: Australian Federal Police

 

 

Karmichael Hunt escapes conviction after cocaine charge dropped

WALLABIES star Karmichael Hunt has escaped conviction after prosecutors dropped a drug possession charge against him.

Hunt, 31, appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday morning, after being arrested in Fortitude Valley on December 30, allegedly in possession of cocaine and Xanax.

Prosecutors officially dropped the cocaine charge, agreeing there was not enough evidence to prosecute him.

He was fined $300 after pleading guilty to possessing Xanax and was also fined $300 for failing to attend a police station when required.

Hunt has been stood down from all team-related duties with the Queensland Reds and has been training on his own since the arrest.

Queensland Reds bosses are yet to confirm whether he will be allowed to return.