A whole day immersion opportunity for talented woodwind teachers and students including a workshop, tutorial with Queensland Symphony Orchestra musicians, meet and greet players, a performance opportunity and concert attendance.
Explore the Woodwinds will focus on the wind quintet – flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon and French Horn. Although the French Horn is not a woodwind instrument the instrument holds a valuable and historical place within the Wind Quintet.
Members of Queensland Symphony Orchestra will lead the workshop for students and teachers on flute, clarinet, oboe, bassoon and French Horn.
Limited places are available for each instrument, approximately 5 of each instrument with a maximum of 30 places.
Workshop time: Fri 4 May, 1pm, HOTA Home of the Arts
The workshop will involve:
- Ensemble performance
- Specific Instrument tutorials
- Wind Quintet rehearsal and performance.
Participants will also:
- Get an inside look into the rehearsal process of Queensland Symphony Orchestra
- Meet members of the Queensland Symphony Orchestra
- Perform in a pop-up in the foyer prior to the concert
- Attend the performance of Queensland Symphony Orchestra.
For expressions of interest, eligible students and teachers must complete a form via the HOTA website and entries must be submitted by 30 April, 2018.
For more information and to express interest please visit: hota.com.au/education/explore-woodwinds-qso-workshop/