19yo charged with murder after man dies in hospital from Logan stabbing

A man has tragically passed away in hospital, after a stabbing incident in Logan two days ago.

Police say the 47-year-old sustained a stab wound during an incident at Kingston on Sunday afternoon.

Emergency services rushed to the home on Aquarius Drive around 2.30pm.

The man was rushed to Princess Alexandra Hospital in a critical condition, though sadly passed away the next day.

Police have since located and charged a 19-year-old with murder, he’s due to face Brisbane court today.

While investigations are still underway, with detectives calling on anyone with knowledge of the incident to come forward.

Earlier article: Man in critical condition after Logan stabbing

Crime Scene Tape

Man in critical condition after Logan stabbing

A man is fighting for life in hospital after an alleged stabbing in Logan overnight.

Emergency services were called to Kingston around 3.00pm yesterday, following reports a 47-year-old had been stabbed.

He was rushed to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in a critical condition.

Police say two men were seen leaving the area around Aquarius Drive in a car a short time later.

They’re now urging anyone with information to contact them immediately.

A crime scene has been established and investigations are continuing.

NSW police issue first fines for breaching coronavirus directives

New South Wales police have begun fining individuals for breaking rules around coronavirus restrictions.

A Sydney massage parlour owner, three staff members and a returned traveller from the Lake Macquarie area are the first to cop infringements.

amendments to the Public Health Act.

Police from Sydney City Police Area Command were conducting a patrol in the SBD yesterday, to ensure individuals and businesses were complying with the amendments to the Public Health Act announced by the federal government earlier this week.

As a result of these inspections, a massage parlour on Sussex Street was identified as still operating, contrary to a Public Health Order.

Officers spoke with the female owner of the business and issued her with a $5000 fine, while three female staff members were also issued with $1000 fines.

In a separate incident, a 65-year-old woman who’d arrived from Bali last weekend was ordered to quarantine for two weeks, though after police received information that she’d contravened the order.

She was issued a warning on Monday, but was then found to have left her home again yesterday.

She’s since been issued with a $1000 fine for failing to comply with the direction.

Minister for Police and Emergency Services, David Elliott, said the rules could not be clearer and they apply to everyone.

“No one is above the law. If you decide to ignore a direction, you will be caught, and you may very well find yourself slapped with a hefty fine,” the Minister said.

“The fact that people are still not complying is the reason why we have police out in full force enforcing these directions.

“This behaviour is not only reckless and stupid, but potentially deadly,” Minister Elliot said.

Police are calling on anyone with information about members of the community breaching Public Health Orders or otherwise contravening the Public Health Act is urged to report online to Crime Stoppers: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au.

Information is treated in strict confidence. The public is reminded not to report crime via NSW Police social media pages.

hairdresser

BREAKING | 30 minute hairdressing rule lifted effective immediately

The federal government has back stepped on one of it’s stage two lock down measures earlier in the week.

Hairdressers, who were still allowed to remain open while beauty salons and tattoo parlours closed, were initially told that appointments could be no longer than 30 minutes.

At a national cabinet meeting overnight, it was decided that the 30 minute limit will now be lifted effective immediately.

Though, those continuing to operate will still have to adhere to the one person per four square metre rule for indoor ‘gatherings’.

They’re also being advised that personal contact should be as little as possible.

For more of the lock down measures announced earlier this week, click here.

Olympics

Tokyo 2020 | Olympic games officially postponed

The Tokyo Olympics has now officially been postponed to next year, amid the coronavirus.

Organisers met this week to make the call, after a number of countries – including Australia – deemed it impossible to put together a team under the circumstances.

The event, which was supposed to be held this July, will now be held next year.

The International Olympic Committee and Tokyo Olympic Games organisers have decided that it will not be held any later than summer 2021.

It’s understood the event will still be called ‘Tokyo 2020’ despite taking place in 2021.

This is the first delay in 124 years of the modern games.

Organisers believe the new event could stand as a ‘beacon of hope to the world during these trouble times’ and that the Olympic flame could become the light at the end of the tunnel in which the world finds itself at present.

The flame will stay in Japan.