A little girl has been hospitalised after ingesting an “unknown substance” while trick or treating in Melbourne overnight.
According to local media, the pre-school aged child was taking part in the annual Halloween activities in Bacchus Marsh when she fell ill.
It’s understood the youngster may have ingested prescription medication instead of lollies.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Thankfully the girl’s mother noticed something wasn’t right and called an ambulance straight away.
The child was rushed to hospital, where she remains this morning in a stable condition.
It’s not known if the incident is sinister or not, however police have confirmed they’re investigating.
“Investigators have been told that the child may have ingested a prescription medication and are currently making inquiries as to how this happened,” Victoria Police said in a statement.
“Police have not received any other reports of any similar incidents in the area.”
A young girl has been hospitalised after consuming an unknown substance while trick or treating in Melbourne 😲 pic.twitter.com/Oz4cBsFWxQ
— Sunrise (@sunriseon7) October 31, 2019