Firefighters reveal the culprit behind ACT house fire… the pet cat

A pet cat is in the bad books after accidentally setting fire to a Canberra family’s kitchen.

The mischievous feline is believed to have knocked over a roll of plastic wrap onto a touch sensor stove top, sparking the fire.

Fire crews rushed to the home on Wentcher Place in Richardson around 6.15am and were able to extinguish the blaze.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT

Luckily the occupants of the home, a mother and daughter, managed to escape unharmed after being woken by a smoke alarm.

The cat also managed to get out uninjured, however is likely to be in a little bit of strife with its owners…

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of