A blaze has broken out on the balcony of a Surfers Paradise apartment this morning.
Emergency crews rushed to the unit block on Palm Avenue around 3.00am, after receiving reports an air conditioning unit had caught fire on level 12.
A Queensland Fire and Rescue spokesperson confirmed the building was evacuated as firies battled the flames.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
One person, a man aged in his 50s, was assessed by paramedics for minor smoke inhalation however did not require transport to hospital.
It’s not yet known what sparked the blaze.
The fire investigation unit is expected to attend the scene this morning, however authorities say the fire is not suspicious.