Food left on stove sparks Gold Coast unit fire

A MAN has been taken to hospital after inhaling a large amount of smoke at a unit in Nerang this morning.

Just after 9am, emergency crews were called to a unit on Price Street following reports smoke was issuing from the kitchen.

A Queensland Fire and Rescue spokesperson said a pot of food is believed to have been left on the stove.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT

A man was treated at the scene by paramedics for smoke inhalation before being taken to Robina Hospital.

Shanee is a full-time Digital Journalist and Social Media Content Producer. In 2014, Shanee graduated from Griffith University’s Gold Coast Campus with a Bachelor of Communications majoring in Journalism, Public Relations and Marketing. Since joining 1029 Hot Tomato, Shanee has been keeping you up to date with breaking news and everything Gold Coast on myGC. Shanee also writes and photographs for Peony & Page, a personal home, style and travel blog & Instagram alias she founded in 2015.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of