NUMEROUS roads will be closed across the Gold Coast on Thursday as the city stops to commemorate Anzac Day.
Services will be held right across the Coast, with thousands of people expected to attend events throughout the day.
The main dawn service at Currumbin will start at 4.45am, with roads in the area to be closed from 2am to 8.30am.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Motorists are urged to avoid travelling around Elephant Rock access roads as diversions will be in place.
Shuttle Services will operate from the Pines Shopping Centre and Currumbin RSL.
Scroll down for Anzac Day Road Closures
Major Events Group Senior Sergeant Des Hearn said police had been working with organisers and stakeholders to ensure the service is conducted safely and with minimum disruption to traffic.
“The Anzac Day Dawn Service at Currumbin is significant, as evidenced by the large patronage over recent years,” Senior Sergeant Hearn said.
“Police strongly urge those attending to utilise the shuttle services provided and allow plenty of time to reduce last minute congestion.
“We thank motorists in advance for their patience and understanding with the disruptions and closures to the road network for the event.”
Dozens of other roads will be closed in Nerang, Upper Coomera, Runaway Bay, Southport, Surfers Paradise, Burleigh Heads, Springbrook, Mudgeeraba and Robina. Scroll down to see the full list.
Police are encouraging the public to respect the nature of Anzac Day, and to drink and act responsibly.
Extra police will be deployed to ensure events are not adversely affected by anti-social behaviour or traffic issues.
External resources from Water Police, Dog Squad, Polair and Road Policing Command will supplement the local policing response ensuring a high-visibility police presence is broadly maintained across the city.
ANZAC DAY ROAD CLOSURES
CURRUMBIN: (2.00am to 8.30am)
- Gold Coast Highway exits to Duringan Street
- Woodgee Street
- Teemangum Street
- Murraba Street
CURRUMBIN: (10.00am to 12.00pm)
- Duringan Street from Pacific Motorway overpass to Fielding Street
- This will affect access to; Thrower Drive, Fielding Street, Philip Street and Mitchell Avenue
UPPER COOMERA: (7:30am to 11:30am)
- Reserve Road north from Gawler Place
- Tamborine-Oxenford Road between Reserve Road and John Muntz causeway
- Charlies Crossing Road on approach to Tamborine-Oxenford Road
RUNAWAY BAY: (9.00am to 10.15am)
- Sports Drive
- Morala Avenue from Simbai Street to Lae Drive
SOUTHPORT: (3.30am to 11.00am)
- Gold Coast Highway from Ada Bell Way to Nind Street
- Access to Nerang Street from Gold Coast Highway
- Short Street
- Marine Parade between Short Street and Gold Coast Highway.
SURFERS PARADISE: (4.30am to 6.00am)
- Beach Road at intersection with Remembrance Drive
- Surfers Paradise Boulevard at intersection with Hanlan Street
- The Esplanade from the Soul building to Trickett Street
SURFERS PARADISE: (11.00am to 1.30pm)
- The Esplanade from the Soul building to Hanlan Street
- Surfers Paradise Boulevarde at intersection with Elkhorn Avenue
- Cavill Avenue between the Esplanade and Ferny Avenue
BURLEIGH HEADS: (4.00am to 4.40am and 8.00am to 10.00am)
- James Street
- Connor Street from Park Ave to Gold Coast Highway
NERANG: (9.00am to 11.00am)
- Nerang Street from Ferry Street and at intersections with White and Lavelle Street.
SPRINGBROOK: (10:00am until 10:30am)
- Springbrook Road from Forestry Road to Carricks Road
MUDGEERABA: (3.00pm to 5.30pm)
- Railway Parade from Swan Lane to Elsie Laver Park
ROBINA: (8.00am to 10:00am)
- Robina Town Centre Drive from San Antonio Court to Robina Parkway