ONCE again it’s time to spruce up the oven, roll up the sleeves and cook for a great cause. Or should that be paws!
The RSPCA’s annual Cupcake Day is on Monday 18th August, and Gold Coasters are encouraged to get involved.
RSPCA Qld spokesman Michael Beatty said anyone with a mixing bowl, spoon and an oven can host a Cupcake Day Party to raise funds to care for more than 56,000 animals every year.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Last year, we raised $350,000 in Queensland. This year we want to ice that total,” he said.
“All the money will go toward helping the domestic animals and livestock that continue to flood RSPCA Qld’s shelters and foster homes. It will also be vital in continuing to improve the ever expanding wildlife service at the Wildlife Hospital.”
So far celebrity chefs Curtis Stone, Pete Evans and Lola Berry have donated recipes to the cause, setting mouths watering and inspiration flowing.
Getting involved is easy, hosts can visit www.rspcaqld.org.au to register, then personalise their supporter page.
Hosts will also receive a host pack including; invitations, a donation box, a host badge, basic cupcake recipe (for humans and our four legged friends), official Cupcake Day stickers, balloons and posters for the big day.
Cupcake Day celebrations can be held any time during July, August or September.
[signoff icon=”icon-pin”]To host a Cupcake Day Party:
- Register for FREE at www.rspcacupcakeday.com.au
- Wait for your host kit to arrive in the mail or download resources from the website.
- Personalise your Cupcake Day Party Page and send it out to the world.
- Bake cupcakes.
- Hold a Cupcake Day for the RSPCA party and collect donations.
- Show off your creations to the world via Facebook.
- Upload the donations to your fundraising page or send directly to RSPCA Qld Head Office.[/signoff]