ArtLab X Artisan workshop with Pru Morrison
HOTA and Artisan combine to offer a special ArtLab workshop with renowned ceramic artist, Pru Morrison.
In this workshop Pru will take you through her incredible terra sigillata techniques, layering colour on pottery. This technique, used in well-known ancient Greek and Roman pottery, achieves a high gloss stain without a glaze.
Morrison puts her own twist on the historical terra sigillata technique. She layers colours and scraffitto (scratching back) to her clay pieces to create her signature, witty drawings and text.
Join renowned ceramic artist Pru Morrison and learn her incredible terra sigillata techniques, layering colour on pottery. This technique, used in well-known ancient Greek and Roman pottery achieves a high gloss stain without a glaze.
Watch Morrison demonstrate her unique method and then work closely with her to try this technique yourself. You will decorate ready-made ceramic dishes by Morrison which will be fired and ready to collect and take home at a later date.
Included in the Workshop:
- Learn terra sigillata techniques under the guidance of Pru Morrison in an intimate workshop with restricted numbers
- Two pre-made ceramic dishes made by Pru Morrison
- All the equipment and materials you need to decorate your dishes
- Light refreshments
- Your dishes will be fired by Pru and ready to collect at a later date
What to bring:
- Enclosed shoes
- Aprons and clothes that you don’t mind getting a bit dirty!
- A packed lunch or pick up something delicious from the Bundall Farmers Markets (6.30 – 11.30 am) or HOTA Café (11am – 7pm).
Bookings essential, only 12 places available.