Level Up Studio + Gallery Community Open Day
Locals and visitors on the Southern Gold Coast are invited to this Saturday’s free Open Day at the new Level Up Studio + Gallery at The Strand at Coolangatta.
Held from 9am to 3pm on Saturday 15 December in the new space on Level 1, there will be a variety of activities for art lovers of all ages to enjoy.
- Blue Jean Sisters: Make a doll and support local artist Belinda Smith in her community art project which responds to social justice and ethical clothing manufacture. The goal is to make 2000 dolls for an art installation piece, with dolls to be donated to an orphanage in Cambodia. Be part of this worth-while project. 9am – 2:45pm
- Learn to paint plants in watercolour with Claire Hastings, an Art Bites session: Join local young artist Claire to learn some basic watercolour techniques and tips to creating your own botanical artwork. 10 – 11am
- Mini maker’s station: A fun interactive space for preschool aged children (5 – 10 yrs) to make and create a small take home art piece, great for handmade Chrissy presents for the family or decorations for the tree. 9am – 2:45pm
- Bikkie Lounge: Enjoy a cuppa and a snack at the ‘Bikkie lounge’. Relax, recharge and fuel up to create. 9am – 3pm
- Furoshiki knot wrapping: Learn the Japanese art of furoshiki knot wrapping. A unique eco-friendly way to wrap gifts for your friends and family. 1 – 2:45pm
- Intro to 3D modelling & printing: Discover the basics of 3D modelling and printing with the City Libraries Creative Tech Lab Team! 9am – 2:45pm