RESIDENTS affected by the bushfires in the Gold Coast Hinterland are still in desperate need of a number of items as they continue their long road to recovery.
It’s been three weeks since the devastating fires tore through the Scenic Rim, destroying 11 properties. And while the flames may have been put out, a number of residents are still in desperate need of a variety of vital goods.
Official charity partner GIVIT is again calling on locals to donate a number of new and quality pre-loved items to try and help those continuing the recovery process.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
More than 11,500 items have already been donated and received by those in need right across Queensland and over $56,500 has also been received but the online charity now has hundreds of specific requests across the Hinterland as well as the Stanthorpe area and the Sunshine Coast.
All of the bushfire-affected communities are also in desperate need of grocery and fuel vouchers to try and relieve some of the financial strain.
Some of the items needed to be donated to the drop off point in Canungra:
· Vacuum cleaner & mattresses for a couple who have lost many items due to smoke damaged near Canungra
· Various household essentials for a couple and elderly mother rebuilding severely damaged property in Canungra
· Furniture and linen for a residence severely damaged near Canungra
· Furniture, Generate & Water Pump for a family in Canungra who lost most of their contents
· Massage Table for a therapist who lost all equipment near Canungra
FOR A FULL LIST visit http://www.givit.org.au/items-needed