A man and woman have been rushed to hospital with serious chemical burns following an incident at a home on the Gold Coast overnight.
Emergency crews were called to a house at Mudgeeraba around 6.00pm, after receiving reports two people had sustained burns from a pool chemical.
A Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said a man in his 20s had inhaled fumes, while a woman in her 30s suffered a burn to her thigh, pain to her eyes and respiratory symptoms.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The pair were both taken to Gold Coast University Hospital with the assistance of the High Acuity Response Unit and Critical Care Paramedics.
QAS said the man and woman were transported in a serious condition.