A MAN has been taken to hospital following a house fire on the Gold Coast overnight.
The blaze erupted at a home on Deagon Avenue in Runaway Bay, sending plumes of thick smoke billowing into the sky.
A Queensland Ambulance spokesperson said fire crews rushed to the scene about 7.30pm and managed to get the fire under control.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Luckily, no one was seriously injured.
The spokesperson confirmed “all occupants were accounted for”.
A man, aged in his 50s, was taken to Gold Coast University Hospital with minor smoke inhalation.
He was in a stable condition.
It’s not yet known what sparked the blaze. Fire investigators are expected to return to the scene today.
— Queensland Ambulance (@QldAmbulance) November 29, 2018