A MAN has been removed from Australia after Border Force Officers discovered “abhorrent videos depicting extreme sexual depravity and violence” on his mobile phone.
The 43-year-old Malaysian man was stopped for a baggage examination after he arrived at Perth International Airport on a flight from Malaysia on Wednesday.
During examination of the man’s phone, ABF officers came across the videos which they say contravenes the standards of morality, decency and propriety under the Customs Prohibited Import Regulations.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The man’s phone was seized and his visa cancelled on the spot.
He was then transferred to the Perth Immigration Detention Centre until his removal from Australia earlier this morning.
Acting ABF Regional Commander for Western Australia, Mark Wilson, said ABF officers were committed to preventing the importation of this kind of abhorrent material across our borders.
“Visitors to Australia need to be aware that we are constantly on the lookout for this sort of prohibited material, in addition to the terrible imagery involving child exploitation we are continuing to locate,” Acting Commander Wilson said.
“Videos depicting extreme sexual deviancy and acts of horrific violence are not acceptable in our community and anyone caught engaging in this behaviour risks forfeiting their right to be here.”