Tweed residents are being urged to nominate someone they know, an employer or a training organisation in this year’s NSW Training Awards.
The Awards recognise the achievements of those involved in Vocational Education and Training (VET) across the state.
NSW Deputy Premier and Minister for Skills, John Barilaro said: “These awards provide a platform for us to celebrate the achievements of all those involved in the success of Smart and Skilled – the Government’s training framework which provides eligible students in NSW with access to high-quality, affordable training that meets the needs of industry and which leads to jobs.”
Award categories for individuals include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
- Apprentice of the Year Award
- School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Trainee of the Year Award
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award
- VET in Schools Student of the Year Award
- Vocational Student of the Year Award
Nominate someone through the Training Services NSW website before Friday 24 March 2017.
Winners will be announced in September, and have the opportunity to compete with other states and territories to be named the best in Australia at the Australian Training Awards.