MANLY Sea Eagles star Dylan Walker is due to appear in court for the first time since being charged over the alleged assault of his fiancée.
Police say emergency services were called to the couple’s home at Dee Why around 5pm on December 6 following reports of an assault.
“A 24-year-old woman was allegedly assaulted and suffered minor cuts to her shoulder, leg and feet,” police said in a statement.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Walker was arrested at the scene and taken to Manly Police Station where he was charged with common assault (DV) and assault occasioning actual bodily harm (DV).
He was granted conditional bail to appear at Manly Local Court today.
At a press conference following the incident, Manly Sea Eagles boss Lyall Gorman said the club was “greatly disappointed” by the allegations and confirmed they were now focused on looking after the welfare of Dylan’s partner and young baby.
“It’s been a great disappointment on behalf of our club, the allegations around domestic violence are totally foreign to anything we stand for and to our culture,” Mr Gorman said last week.
“Our major focus has been on the welfare of the family. I know our coach was around there last night to see his partner and I’ve spoken to her on several occasions.
“We believe we’ve got her in as good as a space as we can today but when this is finished I’ll go and see her as well.”
— The Today Show (@TheTodayShow) December 10, 2018