‘Pot left on stove’ sparks Mermaid Beach blaze

FIRE crews have been called to the scene of a blaze in Mermaid Beach this morning.

The fire broke out at a property on Glenelg Avenue just after 5.45am.

A Queensland Fire and Rescue spokesperson confirmed the blaze was sparked by a “pot left on the stove”.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT

Crews managed to contain the fire to the stove before successfully extinguishing the flames.

Luckily, no one was injured and Queensland Ambulance crews were not required.

Shanee is a full-time Digital Journalist and Social Media Content Producer. In 2014, Shanee graduated from Griffith University’s Gold Coast Campus with a Bachelor of Communications majoring in Journalism, Public Relations and Marketing. Since joining 1029 Hot Tomato, Shanee has been keeping you up to date with breaking news and everything Gold Coast on myGC. Shanee also writes and photographs for Peony & Page, a personal home, style and travel blog & Instagram alias she founded in 2015.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of