Local motorists are being urged to be on the lookout, with a number of speed limit changes set to be rolled out on several Gold Coast roads by the end of this month.
It’s understood the changed limits are due to speed reviews on several state-controlled roads across the Gold Coast, Logan City and Scenic Rim.
“We have listened to community feedback and will rollout changes to sections of Tallebudgera Creek Road, Beaudesert-Nerang Road, Ipswich-Boonah Road, Waterford-Tamborine Road and the Mount Lindesay Highway,’’ Minister for Transport and Main Roads Mark Bailey said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Minister Bailey said the review took several important factors into account including crash history, traffic volumes, types of vehicles, geography and its role in the road network.
“The findings were presented to the local speed management committee which consists of representatives from TMR, Queensland Police Service, RACQ and local council,” he said.
“Members of the committee considered findings, community feedback and made the decisions on speed limit changes at each location.”
The following changes will be rolled out by the end of June:
- Tallebudgera Creek Road: Speed limit reduced from 60km/h to 50km/h from Loman Lane to south of the Pacific Motorway overpass of Tallebudgera Creek Road, Burleigh Heads.
- Ipswich Boonah Road: Speed limit increase from 80km/h to 100km/h (northbound direction only) from north of Mollenhauers Road/Dwyers Road to Mollenhauers Road, Peak Crossing.
- Waterford–Tamborine Road:
- Speed limit drops from 100km/h to 80km/h from South of Dairy Creek Road to Stegemann Road, Waterford
- Speed limit drops from 90km/h to 80km/h from Hotz Road to north of Camp Cable Road/Yarrabilba Road, Yarrabilba.
- Beaudesert–Nerang Road
- Speed limit drops from 60km/h to 50km/h from the intersection of Brisbane Street/Telemon Street/William Street to Tina Street, Beaudesert.
- Speed limit increases from 60km/h to 70km/h from the entry to the locality of Wonglepong to Mundoolun Connection Road.
- Speed limit decreases from 70km/h to 60km/h within the locality of Witheren to west of the J Hinze Bridge.
- Speed limit decreases from 70km/h to 60km/h from Billabirra Crescent to Oak Street, Nerang.
- Mount Lindesay Highway: Speed limit drops from 60km/h to 50km/h from north of Birnam Street to the Beaudesert-Nerang Road/Telemon Street/William Street intersection, Beaudesert.
Mr Bailey said new speed signs would be installed progressively from now until the end of June.
‘‘Motorists should take note of new signs and obey all speed limits,’’ Mr Bailey said.
“Please continue to drive to conditions and take in to consideration the weather, the light and the traffic.
‘‘Our priority is always to ensure people everyone gets to and from their destination safely.’’