A MOTORIST from Colorado was driving when his jacket caught fire from a lit cigarette – he then leapt from the car in an attempt to extinguish the flames.
A hapless driver has inadvertently highlighted the dangers of smoking behind the wheel – after running over his own HEAD.
The motorist from Colorado, USA, was driving when his jacket caught fire from a lit cigarette.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
He then leapt from the car in an attempt to extinguish the flames, but forgot to put the handbrake on.
The man rolled around on the ground, and into the path of his vehicle.
He was taken to hospital with serious head injuries. A relative sitting in the front seat during the freak accident was unhurt.
A police spokesperson in Colorado urged drivers to “eliminate distractions whenever possible – eating, cell phones, reading, smoking, excessively loud music “.
[signoff icon=”icon-link”]ORIGINAL POST: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/smoker-runs-over-head-after-4518078[/signoff]