A number of streets across the Gold Coast have been impacted by flash flooding as heavy rain lashes the city.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a severe storm warning for the Gold Coast, with a band of thunderstorms set to bring heavy rainfall over the next hour.
The Bureau predicts the Coast could see around 70mm of rain on Wednesday.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The downpour has already had a significant impact on our roads, with a number of reports of flooding.
- Old Coach Road, Reedy Creek
- Pacific Motorway Exit 95 on ramp in Tugun
- Tallebudgera Connection Road, Tallebudgera
- Benowa Road at Carrara Steet, Benowa
- Southport Burleigh Road near Hutchinson Street, West Burleigh
- Hardys Road, Mudgeeraba
- Galleon Way, Currumbin
Image Galleon Way | Supplied
- Central Drive, Burleigh Heads
Flash flooding on Central Drive in Burleigh Heads… Source: Tweed Heads Byron Bay Murwillumbah Weather – road & news page, Facebook pic.twitter.com/r5pmuTETyW
— Julia Bradley (@_juliabradley) February 12, 2020
A number of traffic lights are also out around Tweed Heads and Banora Point.
- Minjungbal Drive at Dry Dock Road, Tweed Heads South
- Sexton Hill Dr at Darlington Dr, Banora Point
- Leisure Dr at Eucalyptus Dr, Banora Point