Seafood is set to be celebrated at The Star Gold Coast this Autumn.
Described as a festival of fresh flavours with a focus on locally and internationally sourced seafood, the venue will serve up a series of spectacular dishes and events as part of their Seafood FRESHtival, which kicked off last week and will run until May 31.
To help you make the most of the exclusive ticketed events, pop-up kitchens and sensational specials, here are some of the highlight dishes worth tucking into.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
1. Visionary Executive Head Chef Chase Kojima has created two mouth-watering dishes at the multi-award winning Kiyomi that blend his trademark Japanese influences with the finest Australian seafood – seared Shark Bay Scampi, foie gras and apple shiso leaf for $12 ($13.80 Public Holidays), and tempura Moreton Bay Bug grapefruit salad with sambal aioli for $26 ($29.90 Public Holidays).
2. Nineteen at The Star’s esteemed Executive Chef Kelvin Andrews has also sourced outstanding produce to create two remarkable dishes. South Australian Rock Lobster Bolognese for $44 ($50.60 Public Holidays) and Grilled Patagonian Toothfish with cavolo nero and toasted nori for $56 ($64.40 Public Holidays) offer an unrivalled culinary experience paired with the award-winning restaurant’s stunning setting.
3. Family favourite Cucina Vivo brings its authentic Italian flair to the Seafood Freshtival with Victorian whole Flounder for $55 ($63.25 Public Holidays), Queensland garlic prawn pizza for $25 ($28.75 Public Holidays) and Moreton Bay Bug tail with herb maltagliati and bisque sauce for $40 ($46 Public Holidays).
4. M&G Café & Bar and Garden Kitchen & Bar will also be abuzz with Catch of the Weekday offers with a smorgasbord of seafood specials, plus tantalizing wine pairings in partnership with the iconic Cloudy Bay label.
5. Also joining in on the celebration, Cherry will offer six Sydney Rock Oysters with every bottle of Moet and Chandon champagne purchased during FRESHtival.
For more information on everything happening during The Star’s Seafood FRESHtival, visit star.com.au/goldcoast/whats-on/freshtival