A LITTLE girl has been airlifted overnight after suffering a suspected snake bite.
The RACQ CareFlight Rescue helicopter was tasked to Goondiwindi Hospital just after midnight.
It’s believed the child had been bitten on the leg.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
The toddler was flown to the Toowoomba Base Hospital for further tests, her mother accompanied her.
It’s the eighth suspected or confirmed snake bite victim RACQ CareFlight Rescue has airlifted in 11 weeks.
On September 7, a young teenager riding a trail bike felt a stinging sensation on his leg and thought he saw a snake. His father took him to hospital, where test results came back positive for a brown snake bite. The Toowoomba crew airlifted the boy from Millmerran Hospital to Toowoomba Base Hospital in a stable condition.
On October 9, a ten year old boy was airlifted from Warwick Hospital to the Mater Children’s Hospital following a snake bite. Just five days later, a 20 year old woman was airlifted to Hervey Bay Hospital after a suspected snake bite on Fraser Island.
On October 20, a young boy was bitten by a brown snake in Toowoomba, requiring an urgent RACQ CareFlight Rescue flight to Toowoomba Base Hospital.
On October 27, A young girl was airlifted by RACQ CareFlight Rescue after she was thought to be bitten by a snake at a property at Tara in the Darling Downs region.
A day later, a woman was airlifted after a suspected snake bite on a property north west of Texas.
CareFlight Critical Care Doctors urge people who suspect they have been bitten by a snake to remain calm and limit body movement to prevent the venom spreading.
They should immediately call triple zero and a bandage should be applied to compress the bite, wrapping it tightly around the affected area.