Toddler scalded by boiling water

A TODDLER has been airlifted to hospital after being scalded by boiling water in New South Wales.

The circumstances surrounding the incident were not immediately known, however, it is believed to have occurred at a location on the Mid North Coast early on Wednesday afternoon.

The child – believed to be an 18-month-old girl – suffered serious burns to her upper body and limbs.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT

The Westpac Rescue Helicopter was dispatched to the scene where its medical team helped ambulance officers stabilise the little girl.

She has since been flown directly to the Westmead Children’s Hospital in Sydney for treatment, accompanied by her mother.

No further information was available at the time of writing.

 

Jaydan is a Digital News Producer at myGC.com.au. He was appointed Managing Editor of the Junee Southern Cross newspaper at the age of 17 and has since held positions in a number of newsrooms in New South Wales and Queensland. Jaydan joined the Hot Tomato Broadcasting Company in 2013 and has been keeping the Gold Coast up to date with the latest local, national and international news online at myGC.com.au ever since. With almost ten years’ experience in both print and digital media Jaydan is committed to providing the best coverage during major news and weather events.

Leave a Reply

avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of