The study of 2000 married parents found that 1 in 4 are unhappily married, but stay together because of the kids.
The report also revealed that 1 in 5 couples plan on staying together over the Christmas period, but will end the marriage in January.
Here are the top ten reasons married parents choose to stay together:
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
1. I have too much to lose
2. Worried about the impact on the children
3. I can’t afford to move out/live on my own
4. I can’t afford to go through a divorce
5. I want to give it some more time before making a final decision
6. Stigma of divorce
7. For my partner’s money
8. Worried about how we will manage contact with the children
9. I worry I won’t meet anyone else
10. We have too many shared financial interests