UPDATE: EMERGENCY services have reportedly given the all clear at Helensvale Homeworld after an earlier chemical scare forced parts of the centre to be evacuated.
A decontamination hot zone was setup at the centre as a precaution around 11am after a 35-year-old woman – said to be a veterinarian – reportedly inhaled a toxic substance.
It remains unclear what the substance was that sparked the emergency response.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
EARLIER: PARTS of a Gold Coast shopping centre have been evacuated and a decontamination hot zone setup following reports a woman has inhaled toxic fumes.
Emergency services rushed to Helensvale Homeworld on Hope Island Rd around 11am after a 35-year-old woman reportedly inhaled a toxic substance.
The Gold Coast Bulletin reported the woman was a veterinarian at the centre.
Police, fire and ambulance personnel are on scene and a “hot zone” has been setup as a precaution.
There’s no further information available at this time.