Chicken Parmigiana lovers from across the Gold Coast came together on Thursday for a taste tour like no other.
Galey, Emily Jade & Christo’s Parmy Army jumped aboard a Palmer’s Coaches bus and visited eight foodie hotspots across the city in search of the best parmigiana.
It was hoped the crumbed chicken crawl might cure Galey’s addiction to parmigiana, but it may have just further cemented his love for the pub classic.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“I’m going to go my hardest not to have one for a long time. But the good thing is I now know where all the good ones are,” he said on-air this morning.
See how the day unfolded in the video below:
As for which parmy was the best, the radio hosts left the decision up to their Parmy Army of listeners.
“After we ate each parmigiana at the amazing eight locations, we asked our Parmy Army to vote for which parmigiana they thought was the best,” said Emily Jade.
“It was really close,” said Galey.
“But the winner of the best parmy, as voted by the Parmy Army, was North Burleigh Surf Life Saving Club for their Troppo Parmy that had pineapple, a mango salsa with coconut prawns. The chicken was amazing and the view even better!” Emily Jade announced.
Here’s what Galey, Emily Jade & Christo thought of the other parmys they taste tested on the day:
- Club Parkwood – “Oh my god their parmageddon was as big as they had promised”
- HarbourVue Tavern – “The freshness was amazing there” and “Shannon there reckons he has made over 312,000 parmigianas in his time at HarbourVue”
- Helensvale Tavern – “The shaved ham, that was different to all the other parmys”
- Emerald Lakes Golf Club – “You could cut through it with a spoon” and “It was so soft and juicy”
- The Star Gold Coast – “They changed it up for us and we had the Mexican one which was amazing with the little balls on the top, the jalapeno balls”
- Palm Beach Surf Life Saving Club – “They had little packs for us with quickeze and probiotics to help us through” and “Their parmy melted in the mouth too”
- Tallai Country Golf Club – “That was an epic way to end with just platters of parmys” and “Beautifully cooked and size matters out there at Tallai”
Take a listen to a wrap up of the Parmy Army taste tour below: