A man is due to face court today after he was charged with trying to persuade a young girl who he had allegedly abused to commit suicide.
Police said that earlier this year, officers launched an investigation after receiving reports of sexual abuse against teenage girls.
Following investigations, police arrested a then-50-year-old man on 23 August and charged him with 17 offences in relation to a number of indecent assaults against a 13-year-old girl.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
He was granted bail by the Supreme Court to face Campbelltown Local Court on Wednesday 30 November in relation to the assaults.
Today, the now 51-year-old man was arrested at a home in Bradbury in relation to a separate, sickening incident.
“Child Abuse Squad detectives will allege in court the man had sexually assaulted a 15-year-old girl between the ages of 10-11 and again when she was 14, at a property in Sydney’s south-west,” police said in a statement.
“It’s further alleged the man gave the teenager a pistol and attempted to coerce her into taking her own life.”
A crime scene warrant was executed at the man’s home in south-west Sydney, where they seized a pistol for forensic examination.
The man has since been charged with 18 counts of aggravated sexual assault, two counts of aggravated indecent assault, two counts of detain person to obtain advantage, two counts of commit act of indecency with person under 16 years, and one count of procure child under 14 years for unlawful sexual activity.
In addition, he was charged with cause person to take intoxicating substance with intent to commit indictable offence, aiding attempted suicide, and common assault.
He was refused bail to appear before Campbelltown Local Court today.
If you, or someone you know needs help, you can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14.