A five-year-old boy has been airlifted to hospital after being bitten by a snake in outback Queensland.
The youngster was in the backyard of his property near Mt Isa when he was bitten overnight.
He was treated at the property by paramedics before being rushed to Cloncurry Hospital by ambulance.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Queensland Ambulance said the youngster had puncture bites to his foot, but was displaying no other symptoms of envenomation.
At around 10.30pm, the boy was then airlifted to Mount Isa Hospital for further assessment by the Mount Isa-based RACQ LifeFlight Rescue helicopter.
It comes after LifeFlight’s Air Ambulance jet was also tasked to airlift a man who had been trampled by a bull from Mount Isa Hospital to Brisbane.