Police have charged a man following a search warrant in Lake Haven yesterday.
Officers from Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command – Drug/Anti-theft Unit had been investigating cultivation of cannabis in the area.
About 1:30pm (Tuesday 25 August), investigators attended a property on Inderam Street, where they executed a search warrant.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Police seized more than 100 cannabis plants, 1.2kg of loose leaf cannabis and an air-rifle.
A 71-year-old man was arrested at the home and taken to Wyong Police station where he was charged with;
– Cultivate prohibited plant greater than indictable,
– Possess prohibited plant,
– Supply prohibited drug – cannabis (deemed),
– Possess prohibited drug – cannabis,
– Possess unregistered firearm- not prohibited firearm/pistol, and
– Not keep firearm safely-not prohibited firearm/pistol.
The man was granted conditional bail to appear at Wyong Local Court Wednesday 16 September 2015.