AFL star Dustin Martin has issued an apology after he was asked to leave a Melbourne restaurant for drunken and offensive behaviour.
Richmond confirmed on Monday that Martin had telephoned a female patron at the restaurant and said his apology was accepted.
The incident happened at Chapel St’s Mr Miyagi restaurant on Saturday night.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
Martin admitted he had been drinking before arriving at the restaurant.
“Regrettably, I was intoxicated and that in itself is completely unacceptable,” he said in the statement.
“I do however take responsibility for my behaviour and I am deeply embarrassed.
“If anything I have said or done has caused anyone to feel threatened then that is totally inappropriate.”
Richmond added Martin had apologised to restaurant management.
They said the club would decide later this week what action to take over the incident.