Air-con system bursts into flames at Gold Coast home

A close call for a household in Upper Coomera, after a a fire broke out in their air conditioning system overnight.

Emergency services rushed to the scene along Cashew Court near Pecan Drive around 9.00pm, following reports of the blaze.

Fire fighters report seeing smoke coming from the two-storey house on arrival, with the flames burning in a section of the roof.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


It’s understood the flames weren’t able to spread too far, but fire fighters spent around 40 minutes on scene, making sure the fire was completely out and the place was ventilated.

Paramedics remained on standby during the operation, with luckily no injuries reported.

The house was left in the hands of the owner and an electrician shortly after 10.00pm, but fire investigators are expected to go back to the scene later today.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments