Alleged rapist, human trafficker allegedly pimped out woman as sex slaves

A MAN has been charged with multiple counts of rape, human trafficking and forced labour after police busted a “heinous” sex trafficking ring operating in the Australian Capital Territory.

ACT Police first started investigating the 53-year-old in August last year.

Following the protracted six-month investigation, officers from ACT Police, NSW Poice and the Australian Border Force on Tuesday raided a house at Auburn, in Sydney’s west.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


There they arrested the 53-year-old man who stands accused of luring women to Australia from overseas and pimping them out as sex slaves.

He was taken into custody for questioning and later charged with several state offences, including two counts of sexual intercourse without consent.

The 53-year-old was on Wednesday charged with a number of additional Commonwealth offences, including trafficking in persons, forced labour and immigration matters.

He appeared in Burwood Local Court on Wednesday before being extradited to the ACT where he was due to front ACT Magsitrates Court on Thursday.

Police said investigations into the man’s actions were ongoing and further charges are anticipated.

Superintendent Scott Moller from ACT’s Criminal Investigations team said the crime was heinous.

“We will allege that this man actively procured young women from overseas with the sole intent of providing those women to men for sexual services,” said Superintendent Moller.

“This has been a long and complex investigation that has resulted in the man being brought before the court. This is a great outcome for the victims involved.”

Police urge anyone who may have any information about this matter or any other human trafficking matter to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments