With many Anzac Day services taking place across the Gold Coast tomorrow, people are being reminded of a number of road closures.
Major Events Group Acting Inspector Ben Nielsen said that the Anzac Day Dawn Service at Currumbin is one of the Gold Coast’s most significant, with thousands expected at the location.
“The Currumbin Dawn Service will commence at 4.45am with road closures from 2am to 8.30am,” Acting Inspector Nielsen said.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Anyone wishing to attend the service should allow themselves sufficient time to travel due to the popularity of attendance and to reduce last minute congestion.
“We strongly urge people to utilise the shuttle services provided.”
Shuttle Services will operate from the Pines Shopping Centre, Tugun Community Centre, Currumbin Fair and Currumbin RSL.
Motorists are urged to avoid traveling around the Elephant Rock Currumbin access roads as diversions will be in place.
Delays and traffic congestion can be expected around the following road closures:
• Gold Coast Highway exits to Duringan Street and Pacific Parade Currumbin
• Road closure of Woodgee Street and Teemangum Street, Currumbin
• Road closure of Murraba Street, Currumbin
In order to maintain safety for Anzac Day Marches and Services across the Gold Coast the following road closures will be in place:
COOMERA single lane closure from around 7.30am – 9am with traffic control then full road closure from 9am -11.30am.
• Reserve Road, Upper Coomera north from Gawler Place
• Gawler Place and Jemima Place closed at intersection with Reserve Road Upper Coomera
• Tamborine-Oxenford Rd between Reserve Road and John Muntz causeway Upper Coomera
• Charlies Crossing Road on approach to Tamborine-Oxenford Road, Upper Coomera
RUNAWAY BAY from around 9am – 10.15am
• Sport Drive, Runaway Bay
• North and East bound from roundabout at intersection with Morala Avenue and Lae Drive roundabout
• Southbound traffic on Morala Avenue from vicinity of Simbai Street
SOUTHPORT from around 3.30am to 11am:
• North and Southbound Gold Coast Hwy from Ada Bell Way and Nerang Street
• Southbound Gold Coast Hwy from Nind Street
• Nerang Street near intersection with Scarborough Street.
• Short Street at intersection with Scarborough Street
• Marine Pde from intersection at Short Street
SURFERS PARADISE from around 4.30am – 6am
• Beach Road at intersection Remembrance Drive
• Both directions on Surfers Paradise Boulevard at intersection with Hanlan Street
• The Esplanade in both directions from the Soul building in the north to Trickett Street in the south
Community March/Service around 11am – 1.30pm:
• The Esplanade in both directions from the Soul building in the north to Hanlan Street in the south
• Southbound Surfers Paradise Boulevard from intersection with Elkhorn Avenue
• Cavill Avenue between the Esplanade and Ferny Avenue
BURLEIGH HEADS from around 4am – 4.40am and then 8am– 10am
• James Street from intersection with West Street
• Connor Street between intersections with Park Ave and Gold Coast Hwy
CURRUMBIN from around 10am – 12pm
• Eastbound Duringan Street from Pacific Mwy overpass
• Westbound Duringan Street from Fielding Street
• Thrower Drive bridge and southern Thrower Drive at intersection with Duringan Street
• Fielding Street, Philip Street and Mitchell Ave at the intersections with Duringan Street
NERANG from around 9am – 11am
• Nerang Street, Nerang closed from intersection with Ferry Street and at intersections with White and Lavelle Street, Nerang
SPRINGBROOK from around 10am until 10.30am
• Springbrook Road, between Forrestry Road and Carricks Road, Springbrook
MUDGEERABA from around 3pm until 5.30pm
• Railway Parade, Mudgeeraba from Swan Lane to Elsie Laver Park
ROBINA from around 8am – 10am
• Robina Town Centre Drive between San Antonio Court and Robina Parkway, Robina.
While there are no known threats to Queensland events, Gold Coast police are again reminding people attending Anzac Day services to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the National Security Hotline on 1800 123 400.