Armed man surrenders to Qld police after 24 hour siege

A woman and toddler are safe and well after an armed man finally surrendered to police following a lengthy stand-off in the Brisbane suburb of Sunnybank.

The siege, which lasted more than 24 hours, came to end around 12.15pm on Friday when a 36-year-old man walked out of the home with officers.

He was arrested at the scene and is now assisting police with their enquiries.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“A woman and three-year-old child were also located inside the residence safe and well,” Queensland Police said.

Police allege they are known to the man.

Speaking to reporters on Friday, Acting Inspector Michelle Pickett said a “successful resolution had been achieved” and that officers are “very happy that the matter has been resolved peacefully”.

Specialist police were first called to the home on Dyson Avenue on Thursday, with officers making an emergency declaration at 11.00am.

The PSPA was revoked around 1.00pm today, with police thanking the local community and residents for their patience over the past 24 hours.

Investigations are ongoing.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments