Baby girl rushed to hospital after swallowing battery

A baby girl has been rushed to hospital after swallowing a small button battery.

The 10-month-old was taken from a Brisbane bayside home to the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital on Tuesday afternoon, paramedics confirmed.

The incident comes just weeks after a Queensland coroner ruled all button batteries should be plastic coated after four-year-old Summer Steer from the Sunshine Coast died after swallowing a  lithium battery in 2013.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Queensland Ambulance tweeted that it’s the season to be #ButtonBatteryBeware.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments