BBQ gas bottle erupts into flames sparking apartment evacuation

Two people have been hospitalised after a BBQ gas bottle burst into flames on the Gold Coast overnight.

Emergency crews were called to Ephraim Island Parade at Paradise Point around 6.30pm on Sunday, following reports of a fire.

Upon arrival, they found a gas bottle on a balcony at the luxury apartment complex had caught fire.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Firies launched into action and quickly extinguished the flames, however the whole building was evacuated over safety fears.

Two people, whose ages and genders are not known, were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

The pair were taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital in stable conditions.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments