From fuel to food and electricity, the cost of living is rising steeply with no reprieve in sight.
If you’re feeling the pinch and need to pay the bills, Hock & Go can help you turn your unused items into cash fast.
“We believe hocking your items is the easiest and quickest way to access cash when you need it. After all, you’ve probably got some items of value sitting around at home that can put some cash in your pocket today,” said Mark Hodgson from Hock & Go.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
While you can sell almost anything at Hock & Go, certain items are more in demand than others and are more likely to fetch higher dollar amounts.
If you want to put more cash in your pocket, Mr Hodgson said these are the best items to hock:
- Jewellery – Any gold jewellery, like necklaces and bracelets, have a fair bit of value if they are 9ct, 14ct or 18ct.
- Phones – Apple phones are very popular, as are Samsung, with both newer and older models in demand.
- Gaming Consoles – Playstation and Xbox are in hot demand.
- Tools – Battery powered tools, drills, circular saws, grinders, anything that has cordless swap-out batteries always sells well.
- Laptops – MacBook Airs move pretty quickly, as well as Dell and HP.
Mr Hodgson told myGC at Hock & Go they strive to offer “more bang for your hock” and will beat any competitor’s rate or price.
“We’ve designed our store to be able to operate more efficiently so that we can cut our costs so we can provide better prices, and if people are loaning, better interest rates,” he said.
“Also, if people want to loan on their items, we charge interest weekly, not monthly like your usual pawn broking shop.”
For more information on Hock & Go, pop into the store at 20 Siganto Drive in Helensvale or visit: hockandgo.com.au/