Boy, 15, charged over seven car pile-up on Qld Highway

A 15-year-old boy has been charged after he allegedly abandoned a stolen car on the Bruce Highway, triggering a seven car pile-up.

Police said the teen allegedly left the stolen Alfa Romeo in the right southbound lane of the highway near the Burpengary weighbridge around 3.50am on Wednesday.

“A ute travelling in the right hand lane has then collided with the abandoned Alpha Romeo and pushed it into the middle lane,” Qld police said in a statement.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“A vehicle travelling in the middle lane has then crashed into the side of the Alpha Romeo and all three vehicles came to a stop.

“Four further vehicles that were travelling behind the other vehicles have then hit with the stopped cars.”

Two of the drivers received minor injuries and the Bruce Highway was closed southbound for nearly three hours.

Police said investigations revealed the abandoned car had been stolen from a home in Jindalee on March 12 and involved in another burglary at a home in Elimbah on March 13.

A 15-year-old North Lakes boy has since been arrested and charged with one count each of burglary, receiving tainted property and unlawful use of a motor vehicle.

Investigations are continuing.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments