Boy badly hurt after ‘device’ explodes in his hands at SE Qld home

A 15-year-old boy is lucky to be alive tonight after being severely burnt when a home-made explosive device combusted in his hands at a home in southeast Queensland.

It’s understood the boy was playing with the home-made device in the backyard of his parents’ Toowoomba home when it exploded on Saturday afternoon.

The teenager suffered serious burns to the front of his body and was rushed to Toowoomba hospital where, according to 7 News Queensland, he will tonight undergo emergency surgery.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Police were called to the home and conducted a search of the property, during which it’s alleged they found a second home-made device, similar in nature to the first which had exploded.

Detectives have launched a full investigation into the incident and were tonight at the hospital speaking with the boy’s family.

[fb_pe url=”https://www.facebook.com/7NewsQueensland/videos/1162096537136530/” bottom=”30″]