Boy engulfed in flames after using methylated spirits to light backyard fire

A TEENAGE boy has been engulfed in flames after pouring methylated spirits on a backyard fire in Sydney.

The 17-year-old reportedly used the highly flammable liquid to light the fire in the backyard of a house at Ermington, in the city’s northwest on Saturday.

The methylated spirits caused the fire to exploded and flames to wrap around the teen’s body. He suffered severe burns to his face, chest, and legs.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


A CareFlight medical team was airlifted to the scene where they treated the boy before transporting him to hospital.

He was transported by ambulance to the Royal North Shore Hospital where he remained in a stable condition overnight.

Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments