Boy and girl arrested over violent two-hour crime spree on the Gold Coast

A 15-YEAR-OLD boy and a 13-year-old girl have allegedly carjacked a man and robbed three others before crashing the stolen car into a pub at high speed following a violent two-hour crime spree on the Gold Coast.

Police said the teens first ambushed a 63-year-old man on Lawson Street in Southport around 11.40pm on Tuesday.

The pair allegedly bashed the man before stealing his mobile phone and fleeing on foot, leaving the victim lying in the street with serious facial injuries.


The 63-year-old was assessed by paramedics before being taken to the Gold Coast University Hospital for treatment.

Police said the boy and girl then allegedly carjacked a 26-year-old man in a nearby carpark around 1.20am.

The Molendinar man was bailed up and punched in the head before being forced to hand over his phone and jacket.

Police said his jacket contained the keys to his Holden Commodore sedan, which the teen’s used to steal the vehicle.

The teens allegedly carjacked a man before crashing his Holden Commodore in Southport | PHOTO: © Jaydan Duck

Around 20 minutes later, after joyriding in the man’s car, the teens allegedly set upon a third victim on the corner of Lawson and High streets.

The 19-year-old man was allegedly bashed before being robbed of his phone and wallet.

Then, ten minutes after that, the duo allegedly attacked a fourth man on Scarborough Street before stealing his phone, wallet, backpack, and laptop.

A short time later, officers say they spotted the stolen Holden Commodore speeding along Garden Street before turning into Queen Street.

Police said the sedan continued at high speed along Queen Street before losing control, mounting the gutter and wiping out a large light post on the corner of Lenneberg Street.

PHOTO: © Jaydan Duck

The stolen vehicle came to a stop just metres from smashing into the newly renovated Anglers Arms Tavern.

The impact toppled the large street light which came smashing down across the road.

The noise of the collision echoed through the suburb, waking sleeping residents from their beds.

Police said the young boy and girl in the stolen Commodore then allegedly tried running from the scene.

A 13-year-old girl is questioned by police on the steps outside the Anglers Arms Tavern after the crash | PHOTO: © Jaydan Duck

Officers were quick on the scene, however, and managed to detain the 13-year-old girl before she could get away.

Multiple police crews saturated the suburb in the search for the 15-year-old boy who was found a short time later.

Police said a stash of suspected stolen goods were found scattered throughout the vehicle.

Miraculously, the two teens managed to escape serious injury.

PHOTO: © Jaydan Duck

The 15-year-old boy has since been charged with four counts of robbery with violence and in company and one count each of serious assault and unlawful use of a motor vehicle.

The 13-year-old girl was charged with one count of unlawful use of a motor vehicle.

Investigations into the assaults, robberies and subsequent crash are continuing.

If you have information for Police, please contact Policelink on 131 444 or provide information using their online form 24 hours per day.

You can also report information about crime anonymously to Crime Stoppers by calling 1800 333 000 or via 24 hours per day. Crime Stoppers is a registered charity and community volunteer organisation.