FORMER Mudgeeraba junior Darius Boyd has once again snubbed the media during a press event at the Queensland Origin side’s training camp at Sanctuary Cove.
It’s believed the Maroons winger was steering clear of prying journalists and their microphones as his NRL club deals with poor results and uncertainty regarding its future.
“Darius doesn’t really want to talk to the media and I am sure you guys don’t really want to talk to him,” a QRL media spokesman said when he briefed reporters before the session.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
NineMSN reports, the only insight Boyd gave was via the Newcastle Knights website on Tuesday, urging his NRL team to hang tough during their on and off field troubles.
Besides their luckless form, Nathan Tinkler’s three-year ownership of Newcastle is under a cloud after he failed to pay the wages of several staff last week, reportedly including Boyd and coach Wayne Bennett.
“We had a few meetings through the week and we talked about a lot of things,” Boyd said on the Knights website.
“We’ve had a few different circumstances this year, but we need to stick together as a team and just do our best and do it for the fans and everyone that supports us.”
Boyd’s relationship with the media has never been the same since his now infamous 2009 “interview” which lasted just 42 seconds before reporters gave up.
His one word answers finally prompted one TV journalist to ask “are you fair dinkum” before pulling the pin.