BREAKING | NSW records first COVID-19 case in 25 days

New South Wales’ virus-free streak has come to an end, with the state recording its first case of COVID-19 in 25 days.

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard confirmed the news while appearing on Sunrise on Thursday morning.

He said a woman, who worked at two Sydney hotels, including a police quarantine hotel, had returned a positive test overnight.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


“At 1.22am, I was formally advised that we’d found one more case in Sydney of COVID-19,”  he said.

“Up until 8pm last night, we would have been saying today was our 26th day without any cases but we now have one case.”

Mr Hazzard said the woman worked at the Ibis Hotel in Darling Harbour on November 27 and the Novotel hotel on November 28, 29 and 30.

Fellow workers have been told to isolate and get tested, while the woman’s five family members have also been tested and so far returned negative results.

A major health alert is expected to be released by NSW health today, with confirmation the woman travelled to work on public transport on a number of occasions while potentially infectious.

WATCH:

Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
oldest
newest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

It is a Chinese student spreading the virus.