Queensland coach Billy Slater has just announced his side for State of Origin Game Two, with the men in Maroon hoping to take out the series with a win in Perth.
With Xavier Coates, Reuben Cotter and Hamiso Tabuai Fidow all unavailable due to injury, Slater has been forced to make a few changes for Sunday’s showdown at Optus stadium.
Titans star Beau Fermor has been called into the 22-player squad, alongside the Broncos’ Corey Oates and Warriors’ Reece Walsh in the extended squad.
ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT
“Oates has played eight Origin games for the Maroons, while Walsh and Fermor are now a step closer to taking the field for the Maroons for the first time after gaining selection in the extended squad,” Queensland Rugby League said.
Cowboys flyer Murray Taulagi replaces Coates on the wing, while the Rooster’s Lindsay Collins has been added to the starting side with Jai Arrow the new player on the interchange bench.
Gold Coast Titans skipper Tino Fa’asuamaleaui will shift from the number eight jersery to lock for game two, replacing the injured Reuben Cotter.
Queensland team for Game Two:
- Kalyn Ponga – Newcastle Knights
- Selwyn Cobbo – Brisbane Broncos
- Valentine Holmes – North Queensland Cowboys
- Dane Gagai – Newcastle Knight
- Murray Taulagi – North Queensland Cowboys
- Cameron Munster – Melbourne Storm
- Daly Cherry-Evans – Manly Sea Eagles
- Lindsay Collins – Sydney Roosters
- Ben Hunt – St George Illawarra Dragons
- Josh Papalii – Canberra Raiders
- Kurt Capewell – Brisbane Broncos
- Felise Kaufusi – Melbourne Storm
- Tino Fa’asuamaleaui – Gold Coast Titans
- Harry Grant – Melbourne Storm
- Jai Arrow – South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Patrick Carrigan – Brisbane Broncos
- Jeremiah Nanai – North Queensland Cowboys
- Tom Dearden – North Queensland Cowboys
- Thomas Flegler – Brisbane Broncos
- Beau Fermor – Gold Coast Titans
- Corey Oates – Brisbane Broncos
- Reece Walsh – Warriors