Brothers escape Coomera house fire

A CHARGING laptop is thought to have sparked a fire which destroyed the entire second floor of a two-storey home in Coomera last night.

Emergency crews were called to the Moorhen Street home around 9.30pm after the upper level went up in flames.

The occupants – two brothers – were out to dinner at the time and arrived home to a strong smell of smoke which they first thought had originated from another house in the street.


ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER THIS ADVERTISEMENT


Unbeknown the second floor of the home was on fire, one of the brothers walked upstairs to grab something from his room when he was met with a wall of heat.

Coomera fire

He quickly backtracked out the front door, escaping injury.

Three fire trucks responded and managed to have everything under control by 10.45pm.

It’s understood a laptop and laptop charger left plugged in sitting on a double bed in an upstairs bedroom overheated and sparked the blaze.

IMAGES: Supplied to myGC.com.au